Saturday, February 16, 2013

Choices, Changes, and Life

This is more of a Chattanooga DP photo. But I already used this track and car a couple of times last week and didn't want to overdo it. It sort of illustrates how life often changes directions and sometimes we stop and wonder if we should have taken that other track. Unfortunately, in life we can't usually back up and give it another go.

This week I interviewed for my job for next year. I won't hear until next week if I have it or not. I also might get an offer in a different grade. And that could still change before school starts in the fall. I have decided that if I don't get this position, then I will go back to school (community) to switch to another field. I think I could work in an office if I had a paper that said I had the proper training. I feel like I can't work any harder at teaching than I do right now. If what I'm doing now isn't enough, then I don't have it in me to do more. So that's where I sit on my track.

Last week was sooooo busy. I actually got to the park and walked on Monday. I started the week trying to be healthy in my eating and everything. That lasted until Wednesday when I reached my breaking point in my patience with my class. Then I came home and ate some Cheezits. Tuesday we had conferences after school until 7:30. So that was 12 hours in school, plus an hour in transit. Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, so off to church for an hour and a half. Thursday was Valentine's Day and I made some steak/spinach pinwheels after taking Mr. C to get his allergy shots. After dinner we went back to the allergy doctor because he had a lump on his arm the size of a golf ball. It turned out to just be a muscle reaction to the shot and he iced it and took some ibuprofen. Friday M had a couple of friends from Alabama but she entertained them and I didn't have to do anything. Hubby and I went out for a "date" by ourselves (to Lowe's to buy light switch covers).

My exciting news is that next week I have a local meteorologist coming to talk to my class. She is bringing a TV camera and we're going to be on the evening news. I don't know how to put it up on here, but if I figure it out then I'll share. You can try checking it out on Wednesday at WDEF .

Mr. C had his induction into the National Junior Honor Society Friday. I should have taken the day off and gone, but I just have a hard time taking time off work. I guess I get personal days, I should use them. Last week he took the ACT as part of the Duke TIP program. He participated in the 4th grade Duke Talent Search and his standardized test scores (100 in science, 98 in math) qualified him for the 7th grade Talent Search. I think that Duke TIP is nation-wide, but I know there was some confusion when I mentioned him taking the ACT last week. Click on the high-lighted words to take you to the website.

I hope this update satisfies everyone (especially the two people who complained to me, haha) about the goings on here. I bet you wanted pictures of the kids though.

No comments: