Thursday, February 7, 2013

All About Me

I have an interview for my job next Thursday--Valentine's Day. I'm not quite sure how to prepare. Bring a box of chocolates--haha!

Lately I've been so tired. I hate February. Almost as much October. Maybe more than October. I honestly believe the Earth passes through some negative energy field every February. It is the most depressing time of the year. We try to cover that up by celebrating everything possible in February: Valentine's, heart health, dental health, black history, Mardi Gras...

I've been getting up a half-hour earlier everyday to read a devotion and the Bible. (Maybe that's why I'm so tired?) It is amazing how the little passage can relate to my day. Earlier this week I read that whenever you start to say "If I just had more money/time/stuff" you should stop and realize that God has given you enough. You just have to use it wisely. My big thing at school is running out of time, or feeling rushed to get everything done by the end of the day. After reading that devotional, I stopped being stressed about what I wasn't getting to and concentrated on what I did get done. My kids are doing remarkably well. At least I think they are.

One thing I am trying to work on in my personal life is putting my family before work. It is so easy to put the job before the kids. I have been purposely leaving work at work so I can concentrate on home when I'm here. Just look at me trying to pay attention to Mr. C as he explains his newest Mine Craft creation in the photo above!

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Maybe you need to change your diet for more energy.

It has been sunnier than in previous months in Indiana. I think the sun helps the mood a lot!!

Thankfully for you, February is the shortest month of the year.

Jen said...

I understand the difficulty of putting work down to pay attention to my kids. I've got this inner drive to get tasks marked off the To Do list before I can have fun, but homeschooling makes it really difficult to not bring work--well, home. Work is always waiting on me. Kudos for watching Mine Craft!