Saturday, October 27, 2012

Life

Hansel and Gretel: Where in the world are we?
Contrary to what I posted on the CDP blog, I am not in Oak Ridge this weekend. I weighed the pros and cons of going to watch M's race and decided to stay home with Mr. C instead. If he didn't have to go I would have gone, but it is such a long day (6am-7pm) for him to be forced to ride along.

How are things going with us this week? Yesterday we had a half day of school. Mr. C leaf blew for 30 minutes, I leaf blew for 40 minutes, and Hubby took a turn when he got home. Our front yard looked great around 7pm last night. Not so much this morning.

I have already tackled two loads of laundry this morning and painted some of the unfinished spots in the living room. I am thinking of taking on The Hole in the kitchen. There used to be a Very Small Oven in this space. We sold it on Craigslist and have yet to finish it off. I'm afraid that we are growing used to The Hole and are finding it quite handy. It is nice to just toss in the plastic containers and not bend over to mess with the door. Anywho... I have found through experience that it is better for me to complete projects involving power tools and lumber when Hubby is not around. When he sees the finished product he says things like, "Wow you're amazing! I've got the most awesome wife in the whole world!" When he stands over me and watches me work he tends to say things like, "You have to measure that board before you cut it. That looks like crap. That is not what that tool is made to do. What were you thinking?!" So you see that I need to get off this computer and get to work before he gets home.

*Hubby took my camera with him, so the bottom two photos are from my "dumb" phone.

No comments: