Friday, January 20, 2012

Improvements, No Improvements, and Stern Instructions

Here are a bunch of house pictures. Hubby has installed our full-sized wall oven under the stovetop. You can compare it to the picture I had on here a couple of days ago, when there was a cabinet under the stovetop.
This was necessary since the brand-new oven that was in the house was tiny!
Here you can see how well a cookie sheet fit inside. It was a perfect square, so you couldn't just turn the pan sideways to make it fit.
So Hubby has had a project and is feeling satisfied. But I have yet to tackle anything. Here is our front foyer. You can see the ugly wood trim that separates the first and second stories.
Here is a close-up of the trim and wallpaper. I want to take out the trim and paint over the wallpaper. Before you start screaming that the wallpaper needs to be taken down, let me tell you that all the wallpaper in the house has been painted over. That makes it impossible to remove. Since it is done that way in the rest of the house, I might as well do the easy thing and just paint over it as well.

This morning Hubby gave me stern instructions NOT to begin this project. He is done with projects for the time being. People, there is a hammer and crow bar in the garage just itching to get to work on that trim. Hubby won't be home for eight hours and it's going to be very hard to restrain myself!

2 comments:

MAWG said...

Rent a steamer. Mr c will have a blast running it.

Jen said...

I've always admired your take charge attitude especially with the home improvements, but I can understand your hubby not wanting to bite off anything new right now. I think I should drag my family to visit with yours and we can tackle some projects together!