Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Third Race


Great news!!! They got 4th out of 19. They passed 3 boats. They were 2 seconds behind 3rd place and 5 seconds behind 2nd place. Well done!

Green boat in the middle
In case I haven't explained it before, I'll share a little about the fall racing season. They race 5K. They actually put in at the finish line and then row up to the start. So there is 5K of rowing and then 5K of racing. The races are stagger starts. Each crew starts 10 seconds after the one in front. So you are trying to overtake the boats in front of you and not get passed. If you pass a boat you have gained 10 seconds on them. If you get passed, then you know the other boat is at least 10 seconds in front of you. Hopefully I haven't confused anyone. In the spring they race 2K and they all start and finish together. It is an all-out sprint.

I am just going to put some of the photos M has exported to put on her facebook page instead of editing them myself.
Staying warm and sleeping during the wait
My computer is about ready to die (I hope it can wait until I get done with this semester!) so I need to stop messing with the pictures. Next weekend is the Hooch!! They will be competing against 39 other boats. They are hoping to get at least 10th.

No comments: