Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yah for Me!

I've been told that I don't post enough on here. So here goes with more goings on in my life.
This is a picture that I have totally redone, all by myself, in Lightroom. I have slowly been going through video tutorials and teaching myself how to use my new photo software. No matter what anyone says, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But I think it is important to keep trying to learn new things.
This is the original photo. The sun was setting and I used the flash to highlight their faces. To adjust it I changed the exposure and clarity, as well as levels of black, highlights, and shadows. Then I had to change the exposure just on their skin to darken it up a bit because when I lightened up the whole picture it made them look like they were glowing. I know it's not fantastic, but I feel like I'm making progress.
Along the same lines. I sold my first print. Someone Hubby works with bought a poster-size of this photo. I wasn't even trying to sell anything. Funny how things work out in life.

No comments: