Friday, May 18, 2012

My Pathetic Garden

I have tracked the amount of time my "garden" is getting sun. The first tomato plant enters the sun at 1:07. The above photo was taken at 4:21 and you can see that the tomatoes are already in the shade. I planted them about a month ago and they are still scraggly. I'm considering pulling them up and putting them in pots on our deck. The deck is a story up and gets more sun. Plus, I could move pots around in the sun, although I don't think I will keep up with lugging heavy plants around every day. The other option is to cut down all the trees in the backyard.

Another frustrating thing in my life is that there is a movie out that I want to see and the nearest theatre showing it is in Atlanta. If you live close to Indianapolis, you can go see it. But I'm not so lucky. Oh, the movie is The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. If you get to it, let me know how it was.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've seen the movie advertised on television and it seems like one I would like. I haven't looked to see where it is playing.

How silly would it be to have grow lights installed outside for your tomatoes?

Lady Jane said...

If you put them on your deck, get those pot holders with rollers. It would be simple to move them.