Friday, February 27, 2015

Winter 2015

We finally had our winter snow. We had been anticipating snow for over a week and it never happened when it was supposed to. This more than made up for all the false alarms. Even VW let employees work from home and shut down production. I posted these on facebook, so you might have already seen them.
Back yard

Front yard

Our road

I spent a long time searching for a cardinal in the snow. This little guy was way up in a tree, but once I cropped the photo you can see him better.

Caleb sledding in our backyard.

As the snow melted, it curled over itself and looked like a snow person sitting in the chair.

Caleb skim-boarding down the hill.

It was impossible to focus on the drips of water. I sped up my shutter speed so I could catch it falling, but couldn't quite get the drop in focus. I tried several times and this was the best effort.  
Since Valentine's Day, I've worked 2 days at school--I do countless hours of school work from home. We are home again today, since there is still quite of bit of snow that hasn't melted. I hope spring is around the corner!

1 comment:

Scout Lady said...

You have the right kind of backyard for sledding. Looks like Caleb had fun.