Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Heat

This morning when I went for my walk, the sky was overcast or foggy. By the time I sat down to breakfast, the sun was shining through the trees out back. I love taking pictures of how light interacts with the environment. Pretty.
This weekend we went to South Carolina to see Madeleine race in a double. Doubles are sculling boats, which means each rower has two oars. This is how you expect them to look.
This is what it looks like when someone gets overheated. This shot is taken a few meters before the finish line. Notice it looks like our girls in green have already quit. No worries as they maintained their slight lead and finished with a bronze medal.
Afterwards Madeleine's partner was completely beat. When they got back to the trailer she almost passed out and had to be cooled with ice and the AC in a truck. Luckily she was well looked after and soon feeling better.
I can tell you it was hot as hell there. I wasn't doing anything more than standing around in the shade and I was perspiring profusely--Granny would say I was"glowing". We had thought about doing a little sightseeing before heading home, but once we got the AC on in the car we didn't want to get back out again, so we drove straight home. Were we complaining about the snow and cold only a few months ago?

1 comment:

Scout Lady said...

Yay for Madeleine and teammate! As far as the heat, I've been staying in the AC with Lady Jane. Cool.