Thursday, February 13, 2014

The View From Here

Since I can't drive around and take pictures, here is the view of what I saw on an early morning walk today. It is absolutely lovely!
10 inches. Not a drift. This is in the middle of the backyard.


My backyard

My front yard

Dogwood

It is so pretty, but the trees are really weighted down. Luckily, we weren't one of the thousands of homes in this area who lost power due to fallen trees and power lines.

I wonder if we'll get mail today. It is supposed to be 43 later, so this will probably be gone soon. The best kind of snow!

I walked all the way over to check on the car. It is right where we left it last night. There is a Bug attached to its rear end, but it is in one piece. Yay!

Walking back to the house. It is just a Winter Wonderland!

This is the way you would go if you wanted to get to the pool or tennis courts. Hmmm. Probably not today.

The back deck looks so puffy and pretty. I think it would be a little wet to try to sit and enjoy it from here though.
The sun is out now. The snow is falling in mini-avalanches from the tree branches. I imagine by tonight this will all be a memory.

No comments: