Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Great Day!

Do you ever just have one of those really wonderful days where everything goes your way, and even when it doesn't it works out anyway? Yay for today!

I got a new student today who was supposed to be a possible candidate for special ed, and therefore put in my "inclusion" class. That puts me up to 20 students and the other two classes have 19 each. So I was prepared for a rough day. However, my new student is very bright and has wonderful manners. I'm so happy he joined our class!

My student who has been having medication problems apparently got the right dosage today because he had a fantastic day. My student who has a huge "stubbornness" problem was being extremely cooperative today. During writing, all the students were working quietly on a snowflake poem while listening to Christmas music. It was heavenly! (On a hesitant note, my girl who I've had to call an ambulance for twice was not at school today. Her little brother said she "got sick last night and went to the hospital". So hopefully she's okay.)

The rain let up enough for everyone to go out for recess after three days of being indoors. And it was 78 degrees when I left work this afternoon. Did we suddenly skip forward to April? I wish!
We went to Mr. C's choir program at school this evening. I told him he was the best looking kid on the stage. He replied, "Yep. The most attractive." Hubby and I just started laughing. Mr. C said, "What? Weren't you being serious?" Attractive, maybe. Humble, no.
***I feel I need to add some context to the above conversation. We were discussing how hot it was in the auditorium, especially since Mr. C was wearing his Christmas sweater. The Christmas sweater was a minor "teenage rebellion". He wanted the reindeer one, I wanted something else. So he won that battle and he loves that sweater. I think that is more what the "attractive" remark was about than any personal vanity. Still, he is a funny kid.

Well, tomorrow is Friday so that's something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Scout Lady said...

I'm glad it was warm there because we got about four inches of snow last night with more on the way! Yes, Mr. C is very handsome. Hope you have another good day.