Saturday, September 21, 2013

Home and Work

Work consumes my life. I try to push it back on the weekends and concentrate on home. Two weeks ago I got up and told Hubby we were going to do some home improvement. I decided on beadboard for the breakfast room.
Before.
And during. I still haven't got to the after. Probably next week. You can see our new windows here. Aren't they nice? The day we had them installed it stormed afterward. We didn't even notice until we happened to see the trees swaying outside. With the old windows you could hear everything outside. These are very nice and I hope to start seeing an improvement in our energy bills. Yippee!
S came for a visit last weekend. Daddy fixed her car up with an oil change, air filter, etc. *Advertisement for Toyota here: 195,000 miles and going strong!!! I took her shopping for a business suit. In the dressing room she said, "I look so grown up." I said,"You look like you're playing dress-up." Where does the time go?
Mr. C is rowing and enjoying it. He is making friends in his own way, which means he keeps it to himself and doesn't share much with me. So much different than the girls. Chattanooga Head Race is October 12 if anyone wants to come see him race. I think the Hooch is the first weekend in November.
And how am I doing? This week one of my sweet girls had a seizure in class. There was no history and I didn't even know what was happening at the time, except that she fell and then acted strange. I knew something was wrong. I picked her up and ran her to the nurse (thank God we have a nurse at school). She became totally unresponsive and couldn't move before the ambulance arrived. I have never been so scared in my life. I wasn't allowed to go to the hospital with her, but went after school and spent about an hour with her and her mom. She was talking and coloring and reading a book. She found my name in the book. It was reassuring. But I kept thinking of all the "What ifs". What if I'd sent her out to recess with the other kids and no one had noticed her strange behavior. What if I hadn't worn my tennis shoes (which I never wear to school) that day and been unable to move as quickly as I did. What if she had hit her head when she fell in the classroom and been seriously injured. What if.... Hubby said to stop. None of those things happened and she's going to be fine. Just breathe.

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I really like bead board. When I moved into my house, changing my dining room walls to bead board was on my wish list. Guess what! It never got done, but now that I know someone who can do it...

Everything seems to happen on the 12th...and then again on the first weekend in November. Shucks!

S may be all grown up, but she is still very cute.

You will be a hero in the eyes of the little girl's family. They can do some what if's also. What if Mrs. F. didn't notice our little girl? and so on.

Jen said...

Ditto to Lady Jane's comment, PLUS you are a fantastic teacher and person and I'd count myself extraordinarily blessed to have you teach my children. I have to believe that God inspired you to wear your tennis shoes!