Saturday, July 6, 2013

From One to Another

I have not been very good about getting out and documenting life lately. We haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I just decided that if blogging starts to  feel like "work" then I'm going to put it on hold. So I've been spending my leisure time reading (A Clash of Kings), watching tv/internet (Doc Martin--thanks for the suggestion Uncle P), and mapping my next adventure (England and Scotland).

Here are a few more pics from the last adventure. These are from Zion National Park. The last day we were on vacation we woke up in St. George, UT with plans to just drive to Las Vegas and sit in the hotel room, waiting to depart in the morning. Instead of that, we backtracked a bit to Zion and had an unplanned day of climbing and exploring. For some reason, our family has the best times getting off the known trails and just wandering. I was mostly interested in how many forms of life I could find on such seemingly lifeless rocks. These are just a few of the 60 pics from that day.
Our fearless guide

No movement on the hills?
Take a closer look!
Not many rivers, but lots of washes. I wouldn't want to be standing here in a flash flood!
Even the most "common" birds seem exotic, in that they are just a bit different than what can be found at home.

No comments: