Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Basket's Half Full

After more than a week of being under the weather, I am starting to recover and feel myself again. Hubby is living on Dayquil now though. I think I would have been okay if I hadn't gone to the doctor and got medicine. As a result, I ended up suffering the "side effects" of the medication longer than I would have probably just been sick.

M is at a retreat in town this weekend. Next week is the first spring regatta. We are going to Lake Lanier (along with Grandma O. and Queen Bee) to spend the night and see the race. M is in a lightweight boat. That means that all the girls have to be under 135. No problem for M. But one of the girls in her 4+ boat is a bit over right now. I guess if all else fails, M will be in a 2 boat.

Hubby, Mr. C, and I went to spruce up our "vacation home" in Alabama today. We put down 14 bales of pine straw and gathered 3 trash bags of weeds. The realtor was supposed to show the house this weekend, but I didn't see any evidence that she'd been there. The yard is in desperate need of mowing and we haven't had any luck getting any yard service people to call us back. I just keep praying that it will sell soon!

S seems to be doing fine at school. She will have to go all summer because she changed her major and needs to get on schedule to graduate on time. She has arranged her schedule to be able to keep babysitting, so that's good. I am forbidden from mentioning her "personal life" on here, so you can just use your imagination as far as that goes.

One more week until spring break!!!

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

It is good to hear that your basket is half full. When I listened to your message, I'd have thought your basket was nearly empty.