Friday, January 24, 2014

A Night Out

Hubby, Mr. C, and I were able to get out to see Dr. Michio Kaku speak at Chattanooga State. It was a free event so we got there early and  waited in line. Good thing too, as several people were turned away when the gym was filled.

I am so impressed with Dr. Kaku, as he is brilliant but is also personable. So many smart people are very boring to listen to. He was promoting his latest book, "The Future of the Mind: The scientific quest to understand, enhance, and empower the mind.” It was very interesting and different than what I'm used to hearing him talk about, the universe and black holes and such.

If you're unfamiliar with Dr. Kaku, you can check out his website here. He is one of Mr. C's idols/heroes/role models (I can't think of which word is best. Obviously my mind doesn't have a very bright future!)

***I'm posting several updates at one time, to make up for such a long time away from this blog!

No comments: