Thursday, August 22, 2013

Signs and More Signs

It is the 11th day of school and I need a break already. So I'm revisiting my trip to England. I've shared some pretty amazing architecture and history already. But by far, the things I found most interesting were the signs. After awhile my traveling companions would point them out, "Did you get that one?"I've picked 22 of my favorites (yep, there are a lot more!) to share so you know this is going to take more than one post. Maybe if I put them small I can fit more on one posting. You can always click to enlarge them. I'm sure everyone is just as interested in them as me!
Here goes.





I'm still hearing the recording of this one in my sleep. "Mind the gap. Please mind the gap."
Check out the klutzy guy on the escalator. AHHH!
Escalators aren't the only dangerous place in London. You've also got to watch out for steep slopes.
We got to Edinburgh and found falling to be a problem there too.
If you're not a speed reader you might fall before getting to the end of this warning. They probably should get one of the above signs for the train.
Thankfully these ladies were both taking care and there was no slipping going on in this slip/ trip zone.
Directional signs were very specific in their measurement.
This Mercedes popped a U-ey right in front of the sign forbidding U-turns for the next 74 yards. Bad drivers. You travel half-way around the world and you just can't get away from them.
Sometimes we scratched our heads and said, "Wait a minute. Something is not quite right."
And then there were times when we just wanted simple directions. You know you've been here too!
Luckily there were plenty of these signs around.
I better break here and put the other half up in another post. I know someone is still reading. Right? Hello? Anyone?

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Funny Europeans!

MAWG said...

My favorite uk sign was "No Fly Tipping". It conjured images of rowdy college boys sneaking up on a fly in the middle of the night and trying to tip it over. I had to ask for an interpretation.