Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Request

Ok. I need to post more often as one of my little birds has requested from her new nest.
What's up here in Chattanooga? Last week was Wine Over Water. My favorite day of the year. You can see it was just as crowded as usual.  It's a great time to raise money for a great cause. (Cornerstones saves and restores historic buildings around town. Their first project was the Walnut Street Bridge.)
My life is totally consumed with school. I have the sweetest little class you could ask for. One of my boys has moved to an alternative school for a few weeks, which helps a lot. I get so frustrated with all the paperwork and administrative side of things, but then I get all the hugs and coloring pages you could ever want. So it's pretty good. My student teacher finishes her solo teaching Friday. It's been very hard for a control freak like me to let go of my class for two weeks. I actually didn't ever turn it all over. I didn't feel comfortable with someone else teaching my Intervention kids. I did reading benchmarks this week and all my kids made gains. Some of them went up 4 levels in two months! Now if we can just keep that momentum going.

No pictures of rowing, but Mr. C has been busy this fall. His time is now faster than M's. Since he's a boy he still needs to keep working on it. Chattanooga Head Race is October 12.

We have been making progress with the breakfast nook. My next post with be the big reveal!

Do any of you watch Midsomer Murders? That is my new go-to show for when I want a break from life. My reading choice is A Feast for Crows, the fourth book in A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones). The fifth book comes out in paperback this month. I started reading them the end of May and I don't know what I'll do when it's all over. The show still has at least two more seasons, but the books are better. 

Well,  keep up with your homework if you have any!

1 comment:

Lady Jane said...

You need to keep a few of those pictures and give them to the kids when they graduate. One time my 7th grade class put on a play for the 2nd graders. The teachers had all of the kids write thank you notes. Of course, they all included pictures. For years I kept those notes. When they graduated, I returned them. Oh, what fun!! Surprisingly, they didn't write a thank you note for their "gift." I guess they needed a teacher to prompt them. HA!!